Change your major to a Teaching and Learning program
This applies only to students currently attending Illinois State University. If you have not been admitted to Illinois State University, please contact the Admissions Office. Please apply to only one major.
- Bilingual Education
- Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Middle Level Teacher Education
Applications Available: Feb 1-14, Sept 1-14
Application Deadline: Friday, September 23, 2011
Notification: Notification early March and October to your ISU email
To be considered for acceptance into any of the Teaching and Learning majors, you must meet the following requirements. These requirements do NOT guarantee acceptance into the major.
- Must have completed 12 hours of graded college-level coursework.
- Must have passed the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) by application deadline. Information about TAP is available in the Cecilia J. Lauby Teacher Education Center (TEC) in DeGarmo 56 and Regional Education Offices throughout the state.
Tutoring for the Test of Academic Proficiency is offered through the Julia N. Visor Academic Center.
- Pass ENG 101 with C or better.
- Pass COM 110 with C or better.
- The number of students admitted varies based on space availability and the quality of the pool of applicants. The range should not be viewed as a minimum for acceptance into these programs. After acceptance into a program, a minimum 2.50 GPA must be maintained to complete these programs. The following represents the middle 50 percent GPA range of admitted students for the last three semesters:
- Early Childhood Education: 3.18–3.60
- Elementary Education: 3.20–3.61
- Middle Level Education: 2.90–3.62
- Bilingual Education: 2.88–3.0
Change your major
To change you major, go to the Student Information panel in your iCampus portal and complete the application.